Saturday 1 September 2012

Ottawa Vignettes


Went on a road trip to Ottawa (Canada's capital, pub quiz fans). It's fair to say, I was excited.


The beautiful parliament and senate buildings. If Disney princesses designed centres of government, they would probably look something like this.


Ottawa has big love for Queenie. Recent stained glass window in the senate building. Vicky and Liz and none of those dudes in between uglying it up. Liz looks pretty mad that Vicky has unrepentantly worn the same pearl drop earrings as her.


We got a access all areas backstage pass for our tour because our friend is a legal secretary for one of the senators. I despise queue jumping. Except when I am the one doing it. Mwahahahahaha.


Fairy tale princesses at work again. One of the senators, who was a bit beastly looking, was all like 'I'll give you this fancy ass library and all you have to do is promise to never leave and develop a special brand of stockholm beastiality'. I was like 'yeah cool, but talking clocks and candlesticks freak me out, so I'll give it a miss, good luck on beating that curse though, I'm rooting for you'.


The thing is, this art installation looks very much like a garden with a path. And anyway, that little girl was doing it first. I am a little bit proud to say, this was not the only occasion we got told off in the National Museum of Modern Arts. Then we rewarded our misadventures with dinner and wine.






No comments:

Post a Comment